The Navy League National Office has suspended all Navy League activities effective immediately until 3 April 2020. Further information will be sent by the CO when it is available.
You can read the full letter from National Office by clicking this link.
Whatever the weather, March comes in like a lion at NLCC Carinthia. The routine orders have been posted with all of our planned activities, starting with practices for Squadron Competitions on March 7th. Teams finishing in first place will continue practices to prepare for provincial competitions in Toronto at the end of the month. And while all of this is happening, we have our regular training going on!
There will be NO CADETS during March Break (16-20 March). We hope you enjoy your break!
But if you think March is busy… wait until May.
December brings us near the end of our training program for most of the training levels. Cadets completing New Entry, Ordinary Cadet, Able Cadet, and Leading Cadet levels will write exams in January and then will start on their next level. More information will be sent home closer to the exam date.
Before all of that happens, December is a busy month with tagging, competition practice, training, a mess dinner, and Laser Quest all happening before we break for the holidays. Our last night of cadets will be December 19th. We will resume training on January 9th. New entry registration will be held that evening starting at 1915 hrs. We’ll let you know about the schedule for the returning cadets shortly.
Registration information, including necessary forms, is available on our JOIN page.
The Routine Orders for December have been posted.
And with our first fun-filled camp under our belt, September has come to an end. We enrolled 35 New Entries and training at all levels is underway. Registration for new entries is closed. More information about our next registration date(s) will be posted here – watch this space!
October is filled with training, competition practice and a sports night. The Routine Orders for October have been posted with the schedule and a preview of events happening later in the training year.
Outdated forms have been removed.
The new 2019/20 Handbook is now available! It contains a lot of useful information from the Ship’s Routine to uniform maintenance.
REGISTRATION FOR ALL CADETS WILL BE ON THURSDAY 5 SEPTEMBER 2019.
On registration night, we ask our cadets to bring in the necessary documents and updated forms (originals please) as follows.
- Proof of age/residency, i.e., birth certificate, passport
- Current provincial health card
- NL-202 Cadet Membership Application (fill in, print, & sign)
- NL_205_Medical-Questionnaire (fill in, print, & sign)
- 2019 Registration Reminders (print, & sign)
- 2019 Uniform Loan Agreement (print & sign
We will also be providing training to the cadets in staff positions for the upcoming year. The schedule for the evening is:
1830-1915: New Entry Registration
1915-1930: Presentation for new cadets and families
1930-2015: Returning Cadet Administration and Supply**
2015-2045: Ship’s Routine Training for all Staff Cadets, DPO, Signalmen and Messengers
** If anyone is requesting a uniform exchange, you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org with the cadet’s full name and details of which uniform parts to be exchanged, including the reason/new size needed if known. All uniform parts needing to be exchanged must be freshly laundered. New parts will not be issued without the return of the original part, so please bring them with you on registration night to avoid delays.
The officers are preparing for another amazing year at NLCC Carinthia. Our first night will be 5 September 2019 for new entry registration, administration, and supply. Stay tuned – more information will be sent by email soon!
This week, we are preparing for our Annual Inspection that will happen on Sunday, May 26, at the Magna Centre.
Send an email to email@example.com if you need to:
- complete permission forms for Annual, or
- sign up for the pot luck
Thursday, 23 May
- Cadets do NOT wear their uniforms tonight. Wear suitable clothes for preparing for Annual.
- We hope to finalize our displays and fine tune our demonstrations for Annual.
- Cadets that have attended at least 90% of the regular training nights since September (or from January for later registrations) will receive an Attendance Award Certificate.
Practice Day, 25 May
- 0930-1600 at the Magna Centre, 800 Mulock Dr. Newmarket in the Scotiabank Arena (easiest access from the west side of building)
- bring cleaned uniform on hangers, covered with labelled bag, polished boots go in a different labelled bag
- bring a peanut free lunch and snacks and filled reusable water bottle
- canteen will NOT be available due to change in location
Practice and Annual, 26 May
- 0930 cadet drop off at the Magna Centre, 800 Mulock Dr. Newmarket in the Scotiabank Arena (easiest access from the west side of building)
- bring a peanut free lunch and snacks and filled reusable water bottle
- parent/guardians/guests arrive for 1400
- contributions to the After Annual Celebration should be brought when arriving to see the Annual (Branch members will direct placing the items)
Congratulations to the First Aid and Semaphore teams and coaches for competing at Provincial Competitions (29-30 March) in Trenton!
Routine Orders for April are now posted.
We are nearing the end of the training for this session. We will prepare for and then complete the exams. Once training is completed, we move on to preparing for our final ceremonial parade, the Annual Inspection on 26 May.
If your cadet can’t make it to a cadet event or training night, please email the administration officer at firstname.lastname@example.org (email is preferred) or call the office at 905 895-3038.
Best of luck to our First Aid and Semaphore teams who are off to Provincial Competitions this weekend!
For the week of 25 March:
- Wednesday, 27 March Semaphore & First Aid Teams ONLY
- Location: Legion Hall, 707 Srigley St. Newmarket
- Dress: civvies
- First Aid: 1830 – 2000
- Semaphore: 1830 – 2030
- Thursday, 28 March at Optimist Hall – Two changes to the Routine Orders:
- There is NO inspection – we do have classes.
- Semaphore and First Aid team members do NOT wear their uniform since they have Provincials on the weekend. Their uniforms must be in excellent shape for competitions.
- Reminder: New Entry cadets wear WHITE shirt and BLACK pants unless they have the complete uniform.
We have most cadets in uniform now; we may need to order a few items in smaller sizes to compete all uniforms.
- Branch Meeting – All parents/guardians welcome to attend!
- Date: Tuesday, 26 March 2019
- Time: 1900-2030
- Location: Optimist Hall (normally held in the Optimist Room, upstairs at the front of the building)
- Warning of Upcoming Events – Information letters will be going out this week for:
- Battle of the Atlantic Parade (Barrie) – Sunday, 5 May
- Branch Tagging Fundraiser – Thursday, 9 May – Saturday, 11 May
We are cancelling tonight due to weather conditions that may develop by pick up time. Please see the following reminders as multiple permission forms were due tonight.
- Winter Camp Registrations: We need to know TONIGHT if your cadet will attend. If you had planned to register tonight, please email Lt (NL) Wood and let him know. You can bring the form and payment next week.
- Competition Team members: We need to know if your cadet will attend. Please email Lt (NL) Wood and let him know . You can bring the form next week.
- Victoria Weekend Camp (selected cadets only): We need to know TONIGHT if your cadet will attend. If you had planned to register tonight, please email Lt (NL) Wood and let him know . You can bring the form and payment next week.